- Firm Name & Slogan: OG Law
- Location: Moreno Valley, CA
- What does your firm do? At OG Law, we do a little bit of everything. From Probate to workers comp, civil to criminal, we serve a wide variety of clients with diverse needs. Our dedicated, professional and caring staff works tirelessly to provide closure, comfort and assistance when it’s needed most.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Olen Guiab decided to enter Law School after serving in the Marine Corps. After graduating second in his class, and running “The Law Review” as editor-in-chief at his law school, Olen went on to work at the mid-sized firm Malcom-Sisneros. After gaining big law firm experience at Manning and Kass, Olen set out on his own with a dream.With the help of Office Manager Tim Todd, OG Law was formed. With a variety of legal issues brought by a diverse client base, OG Law strives to help people of every means. OG Law has built a reputation on being in their clients corner when nobody else was.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? At prior firms, the extensive case management systems always lacked something, requiring the associates to use other programs to connect the dots. PracticePanther is an “all-in-one” program that has allowed our firm to organize in a way we were unable to before. From its case management, to billing components, there is no need to seek any other program to fill in the gaps. It was the reason we went with PracticePanther and we have not been disappointed.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Customer Service! I find the document creation system to be the aspect of PracticePanther that stands out the best. It is why I decided to choose the program. It allows for a streamlined process, without the need to figure out Word’s complicated mail merge system.My office manager disagrees and says that the ease of use, intuitive tutorials and intake template system are what make PP standout. In most cases, I defer to him, but in this case, I think we may both be right.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Stop being greedy. There is plenty of money to be made. There is no need to walk on the edge of our professional responsibility, or to ignore clients with little means to pay. I have found ways to make cases profitable for both our firm, and clients. Start caring again.