- Firm Name & Slogan: MRM Law Group, PLLC. Dependable. Affordable.
- Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA
- What does your firm do? MRM Law Group’s practice areas include family, employment, business, criminal, and consumer law in Oregon and Washington. The business portion of the practice has an emphasis in the evolving cannabis industry in Washington and Oregon.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? MRM Law Group’s three founders, Amber Rush, Colin McHugh, and Eli Marchbanks, started the firm with the goal of improving the way attorneys provide legal services. Many older attorneys and firms are slow to adopt technology and innovative business practices. As a result many firms have unnecessarily bloated overhead for which the client ultimately foots the bill. For example, MRM Law Group has no receptionist. When a client calls the firm they are connected directly to their attorney. Not only do clients love this, if the attorney is away from their desk the client leaves a voicemail, which is effectively the same as leaving a message with a receptionist. The firm is also nearly 100% digital making large office suites with rooms dedicated to the storage of files and employees to assemble those files unnecessary. Business practices like these, amongst many others, have allowed MRM Law Group to reduce their hourly rate substantially without cutting into profit margins in any meaningful way. MRM Law Group’s rates are literally often 50% of what other attorneys charge for the same work in the same area. The firm may be small, but its rapid growth proves it has tapped into something big.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther, MRM Law Group used several different companies for different services. File storage was one company, timekeeping and invoicing was another, firm business records was another, etc. The services often did not work well together, some were not tailor made for law firms, and with that many companies there seemed to always be some sort of tech-related problem with one of them. PracticePanther combines all of the different services into one package that has proven reliable, easy to use, inexpensive, and has added value to MRM’s clients through its bottom line.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? MRM Law Group’s favorite thing about PracticePanther is the ability to categorize a client as a “lead.” There is often a period between meeting a potential client and that client hiring you. MRM’s past timekeeping software did not have a good way to record any work done in that interim.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? There are many changes that have been on the horizon of the legal industry for a long time that lawyers have been able to fend off. The cry for changes in this industry has reached a fever pitch and they are coming. Embrace them. The industry is not going away. Our skillset as lawyers is still extremely needed and valuable. These changes are not threats, they are opportunities.
Follow MRM Law Group:
- Official Website
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019