- Firm Name & Slogan: License Law Group
- Location: 203 N. LaSalle #2100 Chicago, IL 60601
- What does your firm do? License Law Group helps with legal aspects of the hospitality industry. The firm focuses on Liquor, Retail Food, Tobacco, Massage, and other business licenses. We help our clients through the process of obtaining those licenses and we help defend them in court when the City threatens them with legal action.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? I used to take away business licenses for the City of Chicago. Now I get them. My experience with the City exposed me to countless complex and unique licensing issues which I now draw upon to help business owners in their endeavors. This is an area of the law which is a mystery to most attorneys and the only way to learn it is through experience. As the firm has grown, License Law Group has broadened the base of services we provide. Now we assist our clients with incorporation, purchase agreements, zoning, and leases, in addition to license application assistance and defense. We have also partnered with a network firms to provide our clients with more comprehensive legal services.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before PracticePanther, my work seemed scattered. There were too many apps to deal with. Now, I am working with PracticePanther to keep all of my activities, files, and billing together into the app. I’m working to make PracticePanther a central location for my practice.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Integrations. The more the better.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Keep going.