- Firm Name & Slogan: Legal Consolidated Barristers and Solicitors
- Location: Perth, Australia
- What does your firm do? We are a specialist taxation and superannuation law firm that only takes on clients that are referred from accountants, financial planners and other lawyers. We also have an online legal document assembly website.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? I listed my law firm on the Australian Stock Exchange some 7 years ago (the second ever in the world). I completed my Doctorate last year and have decided to return to the law, to pursue my passion of taxation law. I found that as my previous law firm grew I moved from being a lawyer to a manager. My new law firm will be limited to a maximum of four lawyers. I enjoy seeing and interacting with clients, and I don’t want to lose that. I chaired the Law Council of Australia’s Practice Mangement Committee – I also have a passion for how law firms operate.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? For two months, I couldn’t find a practice management system that suited my needs for my new law firm. For most of them I was required to pay for extensive training in order to see if I liked the system. They were all too complex and not intuitive. I eventually came across Practice Panther on the recommendation of a friend. Everything changed. I downloaded it on Friday night. It became addictive. The software, in a caring and fun way, took me through, in real time everything that I needed to learn in order to drive Practice Panther. By Sunday night (yes, I gave up my weekend) I had moved my law firm to the new system. We launched it on Tuesday morning. We never looked back. I never paid for any training – I didn’t have to. There are extensive videos everywhere in the system.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I enjoy using Practice Panther, as I use it I get more out of it. It tricks you. At first it appears very simple to use, and it is, but then as you master something, a new benefit arises and you use that too. It teaches you in stages. It is a unique experience of learning. However, my two favourite things is the document assembly and the access to my own personal manager. As to document assembly, I got rid of secretaries in my old law firm in 1994, I believe in document assembly. Practice Panther allows me to create repeatable documents within minutes. Secondly, I am in Perth, Western Australia, that is exactly 12-hour difference in time from where Practice Panther is based in the USA. They are north and I am southern hemisphere, we couldn’t be further apart. However, whenever I have a suggestion or a question, the same person (his name is Mor) bounces back an email or Skypes me. The guy must never sleep. They have passion at Practice Panther, and I like that. I like the excellent support.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Before you select your practice management system give it a test run. See if it suits your personality and needs. Once you adopt it, it is hard to move. Do a lot of research. I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found Practice Panther.