- Firm Name & Slogan: Law Office of William S. Heyman
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- What does your firm do? What does your firm do? I partner with my business and individual clients to provide them with fair and honest advice and representation. In federal and state courts in Maryland, DC and the mid-Atlantic, I litigate all manner of business disputes and have a well-earned reputation for fairness and quality representation.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? In April 2015, after being with large firms for most of my career, I decided to set out on my own. There were many reasons for this, including dissatisfaction with some aspects of the corporatized work environment that made much of my daily work-life very different from the fun and rewarding experiences I had earlier in my career. I have just finished my first month on my own and could not be happier. Clients now recognize that I have the flexibility to move quickly and make decisions (including on rates) due to reduced overhead. I’m also enjoying all (or most…) of the business aspects of running my own firm.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I left a large firm that used NetDocs, Rainmaker, Outlook 2013 and had excellent internal IT support. Practice Panther is actually much simpler and after an extensive search, I could not be happier with the product. It particularly has helped me stay organized by keeping my files electronically.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The integration with Word is something I was seeking and it really makes keeping and editing documents in an organized manner very simple.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Don’t be afraid to try new things, especially if you are not happy in your current position.
Follow Law Office of William S. Heyman:
- Official Website