- Firm Name & Slogan: Law Office of Richard L Filiberto “Bringing Law to the People”
- Location: The Sayegh Building 65 Gleneida Avenue Carmel, NY 10512
- What does your firm do? The Law Office Of Richard L Filiberto serves Putnam, Westchester and Dutchess Counties and the surrounding area. The practice is a personal family oriented practice with an emphasis on matters that unfortunately confront each of us from time to time. We deliver concierge legal services to all of our clients.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? Richard Filiberto graduated from the Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center with high honors. Upon graduation he engaged in a general practice with an emphasis in Family law, contracts, estate litigation and property law. His reputation for his legal skills spread quickly and he was soon appointed as the confidential Principal Law Secretary to a New York State Supreme Court Justice. In that role he analyzed and resolved a myriad of complex legal matters in the areas of Domestic Relations, Divorce, Family Law matters and child custody cases. In addition he handled complex matters involving contract disputes, land ownership matters, adverse possession title matters, liability cases and complex commercial matters. Returning to his true calling, representing clients in Court, he joined the Mental Hygiene Legal Service, a State agency, representing people with various disabilities in the area of forced treatment, forced detention in hospitals, guardianship matters and other liberty matters. Much of his time with the Service was spent in Court conducting hearings and jury trials, all to protect his clients’ civil rights. Mr. Filiberto retired from State service and now brings all of that experience and skill to his private practice.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Prior to my Court service I was an avid user of Time Matters as a practice management tool. Since retiring from the Court system I began to look for a better system. My criteria included functionality, ease of use, cloud based software, reasonable cost and responsive technical support. After spending countless hours test driving almost every system offered, I adopted Practice Panther as the center of my practice paradigm. The system is responsive, integrating with email, document storage, and secure communication with my clients. The document assembly system is easy to learn and reduces the time spent on document drafting. The workflow feature keeps my cases on track, keeps the tasks to be done right in front of me and warns me when I am late. With Practice Panther nothing gets slipped underneath another file causing a late submission or a default. The interface is clean, intuitive, and easy to learn.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? My favorite is the workflow feature.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Look for a system that does not interrupt your natural flow of work. Avoid remodeling your thought processes to accommodate a software package. Most lawyers attended law school, were trained in the Socratic method, and have similar thought processes when it comes to issue spotting, research and matter resolution. PracticePanther allows you to continue your thought processes and accommodates your unique methodology. You would do yourself a disservice to not try it out.