- Firm Name & Slogan: J L Walker Law (A boutique virtual firm. We’re mobile. We’re paperless. We’re your partner as you build and grow.)
- Location: Newcastle, Australia
- What does your firm do? J L Walker is a boutique virtual law firm offering online legal services to small businesses, startups, and busy professionals. Designed to help make your business life easier, we provide flexible pricing options and practical legal solutions. We’re mobile. We’re paperless. We’re your partner as you build and grow.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? After the birth of my daughter, Annabelle, I decided I wanted to work more flexibly around family life. I also saw a gap in the market to offer practical and affordable legal advice to startups and entrepreneurs, the kind of clients who are keen to work in a new and different way with their lawyer. I launched my firm six months ago and I’ve found the appetite for virtual law firms and flexible billing practices has been increasing ever since.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I had a fairly rudimentary practice management system before joining Practice Panther (Google Business, Word, etc) – a typical sole practitioner kind of approach because you wear so many hats! I realised I needed one simple, user-friendly platform with good security and functionality – Practice Panther fit the bill.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I honestly love the intuitive design and user-friendly search functions. It just makes matter management, invoicing and billing an absolute breeze, rather than a hassle.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? For virtual lawyers and solos, spend time researching the best technology available to suit your firm’s needs – and it may not always be the most expensive option. Once you have that perfect combination of tools, sites and apps to help you with your workflow, life starts to become a whole lot easier, particularly for solos. Also, consider outsourcing certain administrative tasks if you can afford it – it will allow you to spend more time on business development and getting on with the job of being a lawyer.
Follow J L Walker Law:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019