- Firm Name & Slogan: GreenSpring Legal, LLC: “Lex pro Populi et Tellurem”
- Location: DC/Baltimore Metro Area (Columbia, MD)
- What does your firm do? GreenSpring Legal, LLC is a firm which focuses on environmental litigation, compliance, and consulting on behalf of citizens and environmental organizations, as well as open government and Freedom of Information Act litigation.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? The firm started as a way to assist the Howard County environmentalist community, and grew to encompass open government/public information litigation as an adjunct to that aim. In addition to its primary focus on public-interest environmental litigation, GreenSpring Legal also provides more general services, such as representation in contract disputes and consumer protection actions. The firm has been growing mostly by word-of-mouth, as clients value its unique expertise and personalized service, as well as its commitment to making the law work on behalf of the people.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I used an Excel spreadsheet to enter in my time and calculate the total time spent and the equivalent billings. I created invoices by hand, and relied on assorted/distributed notes in order to track each client matter. PracticePanther has automated a great deal of the administrative paperwork, and helps organize my contacts and various matters.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? I love how easy it is to add relationships between contacts/matters, and how simple it is to enter time: just hit “stopwatch” and go!
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Network. Meet as many people as you can, and spend more time listening than talking. Hand out cards, and go out of your way to follow up with everyone you meet.
Follow GreenSpring Legal:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019