- Firm Name & Slogan: Fresh Legal Perspective, P.L. – “We take care of business.”
- Location: 3802 Ehrlich Road Ste. 308, Tampa, FL. 33624
- What does your firm do? At Fresh Legal Perspective we help our clients with all of their business law, tax law, and estate planning needs. Whether our attorneys are retained to help form a business, to provide guidance on asset protection, or to resolve litigation matters, FLP will ensure the job is handled properly and efficiently.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? Fresh Legal Perspective was founded on the principle that there is more to the practice of law than billable hours. The founder, Keathel Chauncey, wanted to start a law firm that provided a helpful and caring environment for its clients. With that in mind, Fresh Legal Perspective was developed to provide guidance to entrepreneurs wishing to develop their own businesses, to families looking to protect their assets, and to individuals dealing with the IRS and tax issues. Fresh Legal has now grown to include four lawyers and one paralegal. Our firm’s growth has allowed us to provide clients with the personal attention of a small firm and the collaborative effort of a larger firm to ensure our client’s needs are being met.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Prior to switching our files over to PracticePanther our firm stored its files on a network drive. Now that we have PracticePanther each member of our firm is able to log into the system online. This has increased our firm’s efficiency by allowing work to be completed from virtually anywhere without sacrificing the confidentiality of our clients. We are also able to view and delegate tasks to different office members from within the system, allowing us to better keep track of the tasks that have been completed and those that have not. Additionally, prior to PracticePanther we had to individually calendar each event and required filing. Currently, PracticePanther allows us to set up a workflow that automatically calendars our deadlines.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? The task delegation aspect of PracticePanther has been the most useful as it helps keep the members of the FLP team on schedule and aware of the work being completed.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Making sure court deadlines are being met is a daunting task for all attorneys, so using PracticePanther to set up an accurate workflow/timeline for deadlines is key.