- Firm Name & Slogan: Certus Law Group “Because Planning Matters”
- Location: 2150 S 1300 E, # 500, Salt Lake City, UT 84106
- What does your firm do? John Lish, a long time attorney in the Greater Salt Lake area, started Certus Law to specialize in estate planning, business succession, trust and probate administration, asset protection and real estate consulting. Certus commits to three core values: Honesty, Dedication and Excellence for our company, our clients and their families.
- How did your firm start and how did it grow? Having past experience as an attorney representing Fortune 500 banks and large corporations, John Lish feels most connected when working with families, businesses owners and individuals to help them with their legal planning. John brings this experience to Certus Law, becoming connected to what really matters most in his clients’ lives. A passion for providing a holistic approach to life planning combined with integrity and discretion that make Certus Law an easy choice for you, your business and your family. Certus Law strives to offer affordable, friendly and service-oriented counsel to those he serves. John graduated from the University of Denver College of Law and holds a B.S. in Economics from Brigham Young University. He is barred in both Utah and Oregon and is fluent in Spanish. Drawing on his experience as an attorney, small business owner, husband, father, world traveler, John has a approachable and accommodating style to law and life in general. John lives with his family in the Millcreek area, near both the mountains and the downtown court houses. When not at work, John has love of mountain biking and cycling through the Utah mountains and traveling when time allows.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? I used Clio and other cloud-based services before. I’m always on the lookout to improve processes, save money or become more efficient. PracticePanther offered everything I needed at a more affordable rate.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Ease of use. It was easy for me to make the switch and get everything set up initially. I had very little downtime transitioning. Using the product itself is also simple. The navigation and processes are logical and takes minimal time. I also needed the platform to be very secure.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Nowadays, attorneys are able to create virtual offices and web-based business that increases efficiency. I would tell any of my attorney friends and colleagues to embrace the digital world and become as streamlined online as possible. It makes everything so much easier since I always have everything at my fingertips.
Follow Certus Law Group:
Law Practice Management Software
Latest posts by Law Practice Management Software (see all)
- Why a Client Portal Can Make or Break Your Legal Software - February 15, 2019
- The Family Law Software for Mac Users That Blends Form and Function - February 11, 2019
- Features that Set the Best Bankruptcy Software for Attorneys Apart - February 11, 2019