- Firm Name & Slogan: Avila Law PLLC, Helping you build your American Dream
- Location: Weston, Florida
- What does your firm do? Avila Law PLLC is a bilingual comprehensive and compassionate immigration law firm based in South Florida. Avila Law PLLC is committed to representing clients in a broad range of immigration issues in order to help clients achieve their immigration goals. Avila Law PLLC was founded on the principles of compassion and justice. Our founding attorney, Nicole M. Avila, Esq., works diligently and tirelessly in advocating for our clients and guiding them through difficult times and complex issues; knowing that every case and every client is unique, Avila Law PLLC will tailor our strategy to each individual situation in order to meet the ultimate goals and best outcome in each case.
- How did the firm start and how did it grow? Avila Law PLLC started in 2016 as a one-woman operation. After having her daughter, Nicole Avila decided to go on her own to have more flexibility, both personally and professionally. Guided by the principles of honesty, compassion, and justice for immigrant populations, the firm has grown, and takes pride in representing clients from all walks of life and many countries around the world, in helping them seek protection in the United States in the forms of asylum, family-based visas, and visas for victims of crime and human trafficking.
- How did you do things before PracticePanther and how has PracticePanther helped today? Before practice panther, Avila Law operated with spreadsheets and databases that required duplicate and sometimes triplicate data entry, taking up a lot of time and effort, and making it very easy for administrative issues to fall through the cracks. We finally made the jump to PracticePanther and are very happy that we did, as we now only need enter things once into the system, and it is very easy for us to keep track of payments made, amounts owed, communication with clients. We are working on automating our practice, and look forward to using more of the features PracticePanther has to offer, like workflows, to tailor to the immigration law context.
- What is your favorite thing about PracticePanther? Customer Service! My favorite thing about PracticePanther is the user interface, it is very user-friendly and takes very few clicks to do what I need to do quickly. I also love the ability to do the intake on the same platform.
- What is one piece of advice you would offer other lawyers in your industry? Keep fighting, take care of yourself and your clients. Use systems and automation to your advantage to keep track of everything, especially deadlines.